The Clothes Kloset
402 E. 2nd Street, Wichita KS 67202
Shopping Hours: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 a.m. -1:45p.m.
Donation Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. -3 p.m. & Saturdays 9:00 a.m.- Noon During a Holiday week the Klothes Kloset will be closed on Saturday
In Wichita, 15.4% of residents live in poverty, with some neighborhoods having more than 40% of the residents living in extreme poverty (2010 census).
Having clothes that are appropriate for the workplace or school can make all the difference in taking the next step out of poverty.
The Klothes Kloset provides free clothing for infants, children and adults. All clothing is in good condition, clean and gently used. The clothing is supplied through the generosity of individuals, businesses, the faith community and others
Masks are required and children are highly discouraged. We will be handing out numbers to all people waiting in line up to 80 shoppers.
We will then stage people in the lobby performing temperature checks and other screening. We will then allow approx. 20 shoppers in the store for no more than 20 minutes. People will need to be patient while waiting in line as the process will take a while. The store will be open usual days/times – Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The Klothes Kloset is available to all who need clothing; however, shoppers will need to provide the following:
- Proof of identity displaying name. We accept various forms of identification.
- A Klothes Kloset punch card, which is issued at the first visit at no cost. A $1 fee is charged if you fail to bring your card or to replace a lost punch card.
Individuals and families living in residences and homeless individuals may shop once per month.
Our Klothes Kloset, located at 402 E. 2nd Street (corner of 2nd and Topeka) in downtown Wichita, accepts
women’s, men’s, children’s and infant clothing for distribution, free of charge, to those in need.
Donations accepted Monday thru Friday from 8:00am to 3:00pm, and on Saturday from 9:00am to
12:00pm (noon). If you need more information please call 316.265.9371.
A few polite requests regarding donations to the Klothes Kloset:
- Since we do not have laundry facilities, we respectfully request that you only bring items in clean
and good condition.
- Storage space for off-season clothing is not presently available; please limit clothing donations to
items that we can distribute during the current season. A rule of thumb, we distribute summer clothes between February and July, and winter clothes are distributed between August and
- We do not accept furniture; again, this is a space limitation.
- Due to current federal regulations regarding lead, we are not accepting children’s toys at this time.
- If you will be making a large donation, please call in advance to ensure we have space available.
Also, please bring help to unload as we have a shortage of volunteers, and many of our volunteers
are retired ladies. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
If you are interested in making a monetary donation to support these or other Open Door programs, please call 316.265.9371, and ask to speak with Nicole Dibben, Development Director. All
conversations are held in strict confidence.
- Shoes (matching pairs only please)
- Hats & Scarves, Gloves
- Winter coats, hats & mittens
- Bath Towels
- Kitchen & Dining
Pots & Pans
- Socks (matching pairs only please)
- Purses, Belts, Ties
- Men’s Suits & Sport Coats
- Small Housewares & Appliances
- Infant Car Seats
- Puzzles & Games
- Books (please no encyclopedias or textbooks)
- Luggage & Backpacks
Pillows & Pillow Cases
- Pictures, Lamps
- Craft & School Supplies
- Strollers, High Chairs &Booster Seats
- Medical Aids
Walkers, Canes & Crutches